Blueberry, Turmeric, & Granola Muffins
Blueberry and turmeric… Doesn’t sound tasty, does it?
Trust me when I say that these muffins were perfectly sweet and spiced. With hints of cinnamon, crumbles of homemade granola, and a few chocolate chunks, your tastebuds will be well satisfied. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups Bobs Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup honey or sugar free maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Siggis nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup homemade granola (Recipe coming soon!)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, turmeric, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add bananas, honey/syrup, vanilla extract, extra virgin coconut oil, egg, almond milk and yogurt. Using an electric mixer, blend on high for 1 minute until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and top with blueberries, chocolate chunks, and homemade granola, pressing the toppings slightly into the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Pro tip: Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day topped with vanilla ice cream. Too far? I think not.